Thursday, February 12, 2009

Big NEWS

(5 of 5)

Rylin is officially a big girl in NO DIAPERS! She has been a pro potty-trainee since last Wednesday. She had her first rough day yesterday, but I can’t complain since she had been good for a week. Her present for being such a good girl is this new hot rod. It is pretty much the coolest trike I have ever seen, and since we love pink in these parts I could not resist buying it a few months back to save for a special occasion such as this. I will, however give fair warning…she has MAJOR panic attacks (bloody murder crying and such) whenever any other kid gets too close. I swear, she sees them look at it and full on screaming begins so WATCH OUT!

(4 of 5)(3 of 5)

If you noticed, yes she is indeed wearing two pairs of underwear. First layer, training pants (tight around the skinny stick legs) second layer, princess undies (tight around the waist). Sometimes you have to compromise when your 2.5 year old is the size of the average 1 year old and also when she wants to wear c-lella undies but mom wants the “extra protection” of the trainer pants. Just a little FYI for you all, or maybe TMI???

(1 of 5)

Miss Kendall has a spiffy new hat, she looked so funny/cute in it we had to take a pic. My mom put her crafty skills to work and made it for her. I love it!

7 comments:

KellyAnne said...

NOT fair! You are amazing, I can't believe you have time for potty training as a new Mom. Not to mention patience.
Congrats, that's so great!

Jen said...

Congrats on the double dry undies. And that is seriously a very sweet ride. I'd panic too if someone was looking at my sweet pink trike.

Jenna Marin said...

Rylin is awesome. I love her trike, it looks like she does, too... It's so funny how possessive she can get, with toys, transportation, people... I think the picture of her on the right is too funny.
That hat is so adorable. It makes Kendall look so, so tiny.
Oh, and I really heart talking to you! Don't worry, just about eight more weeks until we can do the real thing!

Calley said...

Go Rylin! All Summer got was a high five for being potty trained, so maybe I'm not going to let her see this. And stop looking so skinny all the time alright?!

Place Family said...

We bought Paisley the same tricycle too. We are saving it for when she gets older. I am glad to see it out of the box, it looks just as cool as I thought it would look. Great taste!!!

Kyla said...

Hey good timing, you only had 2 kids in diapers for a couple months! Both of your girls are looking huge... I am a bad friend for not seeing you guys lately! Are you free Sunday night? Call me if you are... I'll be home alone.

Crystal said...

Way to go RyRy! And way to finally commit Marge! Love the hot rod, it was perfect for the Roller Barn