Saturday, May 9, 2009

Seriously?

 

Allow me to vent for a minute…

I was looking at some random girl’s photos on facebook (you know you do it to) because I love seeing things that have to do with proms/weddings. I came across these:

4177_100407518834_582808834_2597088_2916664_n

Do I even need to say what I want to vent about? THIS SCARES ME! I am sorry if this offends  anyone, but this is my opinion:

1.What kind of  parents let their teenage daughter go to a high school dance dressed like this with some hormonal teenage boy as her date?

2. As a father, wouldn’t you know what is going through that boy’s mind? How could YOU set your daughter up for trouble like that

3. Someone left a comment saying that the blue halter dress is “elegant”…. hmmm

4. A Garter????A Garter???? seriously? A garter??? Isn’t that the thing that your husband takes off at a wedding reception WITH HIS TEETH? And as a parent you are going to send your daughter off wearing one?

5. Are you freaking kidding me? These scare me. It scares me that a beautiful girl can wear a dress to a High School prom that doesn’t even draw attention to her beautiful face.

This is just my opinion, I can only imagine these dresses getting worse by the time my girls have to pick one out. I am just grateful for the companies that offer modest options.

The end

10 comments:

Lemme said...

okay...i haven't read any blogs in like a week and when i finally logged onto my google reader i found that there are 40 posts i need to catch up on...so i'm cruzing through them not commenting on any of them. then i came across this post...WTF?!?!?!?! how in the world can we expect to raise normal children in today's society!!?!?!?!? the gerders threw me over the edge...and the fact that boobs hanging out are apparently "elegant"...i'm more than disgusted!!!

happy mothers day

Elizabeth said...

This is Elizabeth Galbraith.. I read your blog all the time but never comment.. I just couldn't NOT comment on this one. I agree with you. First... I don't remember having boobs in high school, but I know for a fact that they would NOT be hanging out for all to see like a peep show. I saw the garters and I had the same reaction..... I think its even dirty at a wedding...but seriously... Those girls are going to a MUCH different prom than I am aware of or went to- for sure.
siiickk.

MourtneyCae said...

I totally agree with you! Having just graduated a year ago this is so gross. No one i knew at my school would ever do that. Im just so glad i had a great mom who first off would not let me buy an unmodest dress UNLESS . . UNLESS we had a well thought out plan of options to make it modest, and that we only had to alter one of my dresses for a dance. (my date was very very thankful for me always being covered up!) That picture really tells you were our society is goin these days SHEESH not good at all.

Becky Jensen said...

And we wonder why there are so many teenage mothers! I can't imagine why someone would allow their daughter to dress that way and as a mother of 2 boys, it scares me to think that girls would be dressing that way in high school!

Kyla said...

At lease THOSE dresses are long... I saw some yesterday that could barely pass as a top let alone a whole dress! Lets hope styles change by the time our girls are ready to go to dances. No way Taryn would be going to a dance dressed like that!

Tim & Jen said...

Amen sister! Very sad indeed!

Tim & Jen said...

Amen sister! Very sad indeed!

KellyAnne said...

Those poor boys...!

Diane said...

This makes me glad I only have boys.

caitlyn said...

hey caitlyn quist here...

totally know that pic, she was my nieghbor! and let me tell you seeing that pic, i died, cuz thats not how i remember her...yes, she was like 8 when she moved away...but yeah. she is a couple years older than nellie...