Friday, May 21, 2010

Alaska File #5

Snorkeling in Ketchikan

Everyone thought we were crazy for going snorkeling in Alaska, and I have to admit I was a little nervous. After getting all dressed up in our gear(squeezing into it), we hit the water. It wasn’t much of a shock waiting for the wetsuits to fill with water as I thought it would be, but putting your face in the water was crazy! The only part that got really cold was your lips around the snorkel.

Below from L to R: Amanda, Kyle, Jeremy, Me, Dustin, and fellow random snorkeling lady

IMG026IMG025IMG011

Manda’s face (above) shows how squished you felt in the wetsuit. The tighter they were, the warmer you were! Everyone was doing some free diving to see cool stuff, but I am a scaredy cat and wouldn’t put a weight belt on…I just KNEW it would drown me/I would choke to death on salt water!

IMG014IMG017IMG015

Kyle looks like a special agent in his wetsuit, Dustin was trying to pick his nose and Jeremy looks like he is in shock or something!

IMG009IMG006IMG007IMG008

All in all, I highly recommend snorkeling if you plan on going to Alaska anytime. It was so fun to swim around and see all the cool fish that live in the pacific ocean. I know we had a blast!

No comments: