Saturday, March 22, 2008

7 Kids? Are we crazy?

I know what you are thinking from my title and no, we are not having seven kids. We do, however have the opportunity to watch 7 kids (4 nieces, 3 nephews) once every four Saturdays from about 6-10ish pm. It is actually pretty easy. The process goes as follows: This first shift begins around 7pm...Brinlee (18 months) goes to sleep in Crystal's closet in her pack 'n'play. It is a huge closet, some might consider it an extra room. Rylin (18 months) goes to sleep in the extra/craft/stampin up room in her pack'n'play. Then Asher (almost 22 months) goes to sleep in his crib in his own room. The second shift is started about 8pm. Halle (6 years) and Haven (4 years) go to sleep in their own beds. Kaden (3) sleeps in Aunt Crystal and Uncle Mike's big bed (with Brin in the closet). Parker (4) sleeps in a special bed either with Rylin or Asher. So after explaining the process to you all I can go on with my story.
Asher usually goes to bed pretty easily although tonight he kept yelling. After a while of the off and on yelling he started to scream. So I ventured in to check him out. he is not a little boy. He is very stout with thick strong legs. Anywhoo, his manly leg was stuck in between the crib rails. After a little maneuvering without breaking the rails, he was freed. After some cuddling with Uncle Dustin he was ready for bed. As a matter of fact Dustin asked if he was ready and Asher said "please". Fun night. I feel horrible. Onto the funny part. Before the Talking turned into screaming from Asher, I decided to lay Parker boy down in with Rylin. He didn't want to though because he thought she would "WAKE ME UP!". He started this a few weeks ago and still seems to think she will wake him up if he sleeps in there. Anyway, he earned a free ride to Halle and Haven's room. So he crawled into his "special bed" in their room. Meanwhile, we tended to Asher. After that fiasco was over I went in to find that Halle and Haven had made their own "special beds" on the floor with Parker. After threatening them with their lives if I had to go up there even one time, I let them stay. I guess I am pretty scary because they all fell asleep (at least they aren't making any noise). So Dustin is here playing some guitar hero and I am here typing this. That is pretty much it. I am so grateful to be able to help all the kids have a little sleep over together to make memories. Although it may seem stressful, it really isn't. I was going to put some really cool pictures on here but I can't find them on Crystal's computer. Maybe another day :)
I really got on here because I realized I hadn't looked in depth at my YW lesson, I should get on that.

2 comments:

Jenna Marin said...

Thanks for the good laugh. It sounds like a blast. You're such a good auntie!!

Kyla said...

7 kids! You are brave! :)