Friday, March 28, 2008

Trust me, this is a gross one

The other day I found these after I washed some laundry. I thought that maybe our washer or dryer did it.
This is the closet in our bathroom. The black area is where we throw our dirty clothes. I remembered finding the jeans (when I went to separate for the washer) pulled under that board in the red area shown above. Last night I went in again to get some more laundry. This time some of our underwear had been pulled under and was stuck. (really NOT good!) The funny thing is that there is barely enough room to stick even the tip of a pencil under the board. So since the clothes had been chewed on, we decided to do some pest control. So Dustin pulled the board off and we made a special bed for our friend. A special rat trap with yarn wrapped up with peanut butter...you don't want those things getting away:) not even 20 minutes after replacing the board with the trap behind it, we heard a loud snap. This is what we found:
As you can see from the above picture, he had peices of my jeans. Also, before we set the trap we found a shirt that he had somehow managed to get all the way behing the board. He had a nice life living in our walls, and under our bathtub. I am just glad that if they had to live anywhere in our house that it is behind the walls not actually in the house. I think I would burn it down if that was the case.

Look how long his tail is!! That is disgusting!! I was freaking out. We put the trap back after disposing of his body, I hope if we have more that we catch them! I guess that is what you get for buying an 85 year old house. YUCK!

10 comments:

Emilee & Paul said...

Seriously . . . that is disgusting! Is that a rat?? Ew!

Calley said...

Wow! That is so gross! And I am just amazed at how calmly you described everything. Like you saw it and wanted to pet it or something. When I lived in Hawaii there were cockroaches EVERYWHERE, and towards the end we caught 4 mice. We always made our little Japanese roommate throw the mice out, because she didn't mind. Its too bad she doesn't live at your house now.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah...I would hate to have that in my house. Oh wait...I get tons of ants and a few friendly roaches every once in awhile! Gotta love all of Heavenly Fathers beautiful creations! I hope those weren't your favorite jeans, that would make matters even worse!

Anonymous said...

I would definitely hate having that in my house, however, I do have tons of little marching ants and a few friendly roaches every now and again! Hopefully those weren't your favorite jeans! Gotta love all of Heavenly Father wonderful creations!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so just ingnore all of the repeated comments, I thought it was deleted them every time...choose wisely which one you want to post! ;)Take care.

Kyla said...

It is amazing how those guys can squeeze in through the tiniest places! I am glad you caught it! Hopefully its just one... Rob pulled out about 20 dead rats from under our house this summer! GROSS!

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! Talk about a freaky surprise. You seem to have handled it really well though. ps. we got the slide from toys r us.

KellyAnne said...

Oh MAN. It's a good thing you have a guy around to do the dirty work. I don't think I could handle that. Even seeing the picture of the little guy in the trap was icky. Yikes. Good riddance mousey!

Crystal said...

That really is disgusting! I think i would be pretty freaked out.

Jenna Marin said...

It's good to know you only had rat adventures while I was gone. I'm sorry that happened. But at least you found out the problem! You basically solved a mystery. You should write a book!!